- 100% subsidiary of Sumitomo Riko Company Ltd., global market leader for automotive vibration control technology.
- Global player with a network of 106 development and production sites in 23 countries.
- Over 100 years' experience in the field of elastomers and expansion joints.
- Development expertise for efficient, individual problem-solving, regardless of the type of material.
THE HOUSE OF
Think Globally, Act Locally. This is how you create solutions that are optimised to meet the requirements of regional markets. A clear sign of our commitment to customer orientation.
- 12 production sites and 4 regional development departments in Germany, France, Russia and China enable optimised solutions for regional markets.
- Together with 91 production sites and a further 12 development centres belonging to Sumitomo Riko, this global development and production network spans 23 countries
Global product range
- As a global technology leader, SumiRiko AVS Germany provides anti-vibration solutions for the entire vehicle system. The central functional elements are designed and produced by us.
- Product portfolio of SumiRiko AVS Germany comprises the entire spectrum of automotive NVH optimisation solutions.
- We carry out development and procurement as locally as possible.
QUALITY & SAFETY
Regardless of which plant our parts come from, they always conform to the same worldwide quality standard of the Sumitomo Riko Group.
Customer focus: Catering for the specific needs of our customers and partners is our top priority.
- Quality: We set the highest standards when it comes to expertise, reliability and service.
- Standards: Our quality/HSE management personnel oversee quality assurance, development and mass production at all our sites throughout the world.
- Continuous improvement process: All processes, products, workflows and results are subject to continuous monitoring and optimisation.
- Safety: For us, quality is not just about the quality of our products and services, it's also about consistent efforts to protect the environment and look after people's health and safety.
Even when we are pursuing business objectives, we are always aware of the sustainability of our actions.
- With our products we contribute to the reduction of vehicle weight and noise emissions. Compliance with global environmental standards is assured at all sites through ISO 14001 certificates. We also update the basic principles of our management philosophy on a daily basis.
- With outstanding products and services we are able to meet the needs of our customers using technical innovation.
- The safety of people and the community takes top priority in our work.
- We strive to protect our global habitat and to improve its conditions.
- We set high standards for our company values. We uphold the law to gain professional and personal trust around the world.
- We promote an empowering corporate culture that respects the diversity, personality and individuality of our employees.
Together with our parent company Sumitomo Riko we are evolving to become a Global Excellent Manufacturing Company.
The Sumitomo Spirit
Business Principles (*quoted from the Sumitomo Goshi Kaisha Administrative Regulations formulated in 1928)
Sumitomo shall achieve prosperity based on solid foundation by placing prime importance on integrity and sound management in the conduct of its business.
Sumitomo’s business interest must always be in harmony with public interest; Sumitomo shall adapt to good times and bad times but will not pursue immoral business.
Strategy for Vision 2020:
Consistent growth and organizational reinforcement
(1) Enhancement of environmental technology
(2) Monozukuri Innovation
(3) Development of new customers
The SumiRiko AVS Germany GmbH
SumiRiko AVS Germany is a producer and manufacturer of innovative solutions for driving comfort, driving dynamics and safety, and therefore is a global partner for all major OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers – from the idea to series production. Our product portfolio includes chassis parts, engine mounts, exhaust system hangers, decoupling elements and vibration absorbers.
History and Tradition
More than 100 years of expertise in the development and production of rubber and rubber-metal components have made SumiRiko AVS one of the leading developers and manufacturers of automotive anti-vibration systems. Woco Michelin AVS establishes itself as a specialised provider of first-class vibration control solutions. In 2007, this becomes the Anvis Group.
Operating under the name Kamata Belt, the production of rubber conveyor belts in 1929 marks the beginning of Sumitomo Riko Company Limited's success story in the city of Yokkaichi, Japan. In 1954, decades of experience in the mixing and processing of rubber enables entry into the automotive market, where the company makes its name through the decoupling of metal parts to reduce noise and vibrations. With the acquisition of the Anvis Group in 2013, Sumitomo Riko expands its global market leadership in the field of anti-vibration systems.
Michelin is established (Kléber-Colombes)
Woco is established
The first rubber-metal parts are produced
The company enters the AVS sector
Introduction of rubber, plastic and metal adhesion promotion technology
Michelin takes over the Kléber Group and establishes CMP Kléber Industry
The Anti-vibration Development Center opens
Woco begins production of hydraulic engine and chassis bearings
MICHELIN and WOCO establish a joint venture under the name WOCO MICHELIN AVS
WOCO MICHELIN AVS is sold to ARQUES: The Anvis Group is created
The Anvis Group is taken over by H.I.G.
Tokai Rubber Industries
Tokai Rubber Industries (TRI) acquires 100% of shares in the Anvis Group
Tokai Rubber Industries
Tokai Rubber Industries Ltd. becomes Sumitomo Riko Co. Ltd.
House of Automotive Comfort
Opening of the Anvis Headquarters "The HOUSE OF AUTOMOTIVE COMFORT" in Steinau
Renaming of the entire Anvis Group
Anvis Deutschland is turning into SumiRiko AVS Germany