100% subsidiary of Sumitomo Riko Company Ltd., global market leader for automotive vibration control technology.
Global player with a network of 106 development and production sites in 23 countries.
Over 100 years of experience in the field of elastomers and expansion joints.
Development expertise for efficient, individual problem-solving, regardless of the type of material.
THE HOUSE OF
Think Globally, Act Locally. This is how you create solutions that are optimised to meet the requirements of regional markets. A clear sign of our commitment to customer orientation.
- 12 production sites and 4 regional development departments in Germany, France, Russia and China enable optimised solutions for regional markets.
- Together with 91 production sites and a further 12 development centres belonging to Sumitomo Riko, this global development and production network spans 23 countries
Global product range
- As a global technology leader, SumiRiko AVS Germany provides anti-vibration solutions for the entire vehicle system. The central functional elements are designed and produced by us.
- Product portfolio of SumiRiko AVS Germany comprises the entire spectrum of automotive NVH optimisation solutions.
- We carry out development and procurement as locally as possible.
Quality & Safety
Regardless of which plant our parts come from, they always conform to the same worldwide quality standard of the Sumitomo Riko Group.
Customer focus: Catering for the specific needs of our customers and partners is our top priority.
- Quality: We set the highest standards when it comes to expertise, reliability and service.
- Standards: Our quality/HSE management personnel oversee quality assurance, development and mass production at all our sites throughout the world.
- Continuous improvement process: All processes, products, workflows and results are subject to continuous monitoring and optimisation.
- Safety: For us, quality is not just about the quality of our products and services, it’s also about consistent efforts to protect the environment and look after people’s health and safety.
Even when we are pursuing business objectives, we are always aware of the sustainability of our actions.
- With our products we contribute to the reduction of vehicle weight and noise emissions. Compliance with global environmental standards is assured at all sites through ISO 14001 certificates. We also update the basic principles of our management philosophy on a daily basis.
- With outstanding products and services we are able to meet the needs of our customers using technical innovation.
- The safety of people and the community takes top priority in our work.
- We strive to protect our global habitat and to improve its conditions.
- We set high standards for our company values. We uphold the law to gain professional and personal trust around the world.
- We promote an empowering corporate culture that respects the diversity, personality and individuality of our employees.
Together with our parent company Sumitomo Riko we are evolving to become a Global Excellent Manufacturing Company.
The Sumitomo Spirit
Business Principles (*quoted from the Sumitomo Goshi Kaisha Administrative Regulations formulated in 1928)
Sumitomo shall achieve prosperity based on solid foundation by placing prime importance on integrity and sound management in the conduct of its business.
Sumitomo’s business interest must always be in harmony with public interest; Sumitomo shall adapt to good times and bad times but will not pursue immoral business.
Strategy for Vision 2020:
Consistent growth and organizational reinforcement
(1) Enhancement of environmental technology
(2) Monozukuri Innovation
(3) Development of new customers
The SumiRiko AVS Germany GmbH
SumiRiko AVS Germany is a producer and manufacturer of innovative solutions for driving comfort, driving dynamics and safety, and therefore is a global partner for all major OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers – from the idea to series production. Our product portfolio includes chassis parts, engine mounts, exhaust system hangers, decoupling elements and vibration absorbers.
SumiRiko AVS Germany has been a wholly owned subsidiary of Sumitomo Riko Company Ltd. since 2013. The headquarters in Steinau an der Straße, Hesse, Germany are also the European headquarters. The global network spans out from here. More than 2,500 SumiRiko AVS employees work at 14 sites in 12 countries. The key development sites for products and processes are located in Germany and France. The local development departments in China and Russia are linked to these sites. The global network of the Sumitomo Riko Group therefore comprises 106 sites in 23 countries.
A central component of our organizational philosophy are irrevocable values. They define how we should work with each other, achieve goals and actively shape the future of the company.
- Customer orientation
- Open communication